How to Install the Shadowsocks App on Android
- The Shadowsocks android app we have been using is simply called Shadowsocks, written by Max Lv. You can find this app in the Google Play Store by searching for “shadowsocks” or by accessing its web interface from here https://bit.ly/2vSZAFv
2. If the Google Play Store is blocked in your location, you can download this app’s Android installation file (an .apk file) directly from this page. To do so, you can open this page using your Android device (Android phone or Android tablet) and click on the first link with an .apk extension to download it to your Android device.
3. Once Shadowsocks is installed open the app and edit the current configuration.
4. Next you need to enter server ip address, remote port etc. You can get this information from your client area. Steps are explained in this tutorial down at the bottom.
5. Next Select apps VPN mode by toggling the switch to on.
6. Start typing in the name of the app that you use to stream with. In my case its iptv smarters. After just typing iptv its enough and i can see the app. I then toggle this to on. Shadowsocks will then only be used for iptv smarters. If you dont do this and you use Netflix for example they block VPN's so Netflix wont work.
7. Click Save
8. Turn Shadowsocks on.
9. Click ok to allow the connection request. You will only be asked this once.
10. You will see the icon turn Green now. You are now connected.
11. To complete the above you first need to get you settings from your client area, Log into your client area and click services.
12. Click the product name.
13. You will see your settings. Please note the password is case sensitive. If your device has a camera you can just click the QR code below.